COVID Coverage Available: See our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Coverage Statement for eligible plan coverage and service requests.
Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc.
Accessibility Multi-Year Plan: 2022-2023
A message from the Board of Directors, Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc.
Talking on the phone, accessing a meeting room, reading our computer screens - most of us take these things for granted. But for people with disabilities, these activities may include barriers – visible and invisible – that prevent them from participating as they would like to. At Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc., we are working to change that. We are working to remove barriers so that those with disabilities can be full participants in our business, be they employees, brokers, customers – anyone in fact – we interact with.
Making Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc. more accessible is more than an important step in treating those with disabilities with the respect they deserve; it also makes good business sense. Accessibility not only improves people’s lives, it helps Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc. foster a high- performance, customer-centric culture. By making our workplace more accessible, we make it that much easier for our people to work to their potential, and for others to do business with us.
We are committed to making Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc. accessible, and to ensuring our workplace is a diverse, inclusive, barrier-free environment. In so doing, we aim to promoting a culture that is free of discrimination on the basis of medical condition, physical disability or mental disability.
Board of Directors
Travelex insurance Services Canada Inc.
The following Accessibility Plan outlines the actions Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc. (Travelex) will put in place to improve opportunities for individuals with disabilities. At Travelex, we recognize what we need to do, in order to transform our organization into a barrier free environment. As a result, our plan will act as a road map to ensure stakeholder guidance as we continue to move toward being a fully accessible organization.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) sets out the roadmap to make Ontario accessible by 2025. Under this Act, accessibility standards are developed and implemented to break down barriers in key areas of everyday life. The AODA is now the guiding provincial disability legislation in Ontario, replacing the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 (ODA).
These standards aim to increase accessibility for people with disabilities in the areas of customer service, information and communications, employment, transportation and the built environment. The government of Ontario has taken many steps to become an accessible province. In 2010, the government of Ontario was the first public service organization to report compliance with the first standard — Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Regulation (Ontario Regulation 429/07).
The Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment accessibility plans will continue moving toward the goal of an accessible province for all Ontarians.
Statement of Commitment
Travelex is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment, resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and qualified applicants. Travelex strives to achieve a workplace free of discrimination on the basis of medical condition, physical disability or mental disability.
The following multi-year plan outlines Travelex’s strategy to meet the requirements of AODA, and how the strategy has been and will continue to be applied to Travelex practices including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, customer service, and access to products, services and premises.
Achieving our Goals
Travelex strongly believes that in order to achieve our accessibility goals, a solid foundation and framework must be in place. We have identified the following factors that are instrumental to our success:
- Leaders who are educated, informed and committed to accessibility;
- Company-wide accessibility planning and coordination;
- Solid compliance based on stakeholder accountability; and
- Metrics and program evaluation, and compliance reporting.
Accessible Emergency Information
Travelex is committed to providing customers, and qualified applicants with publicly available emergency information in an accessible format upon request. We also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Travelex is committed to notifying the public and its employees of service disruptions. Notices of temporary product and/or service disruptions are communicated as appropriate using the following channels:
- External internet website
- Postings in conspicuous places in and around company facilities
- Employee Notification System
Travelex provides training to employees, volunteers and other staff members who regularly interact with parties within the province of Ontario and elsewhere in Canada, about Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to individuals with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
We take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws:
- Enroll employees in mandatory training, as soon as reasonably possible upon hire, in order to provide them with guidance on:
- Company policies, practices and procedures related to accessibility;
- Customer service as it relates to customers, and members of the public with various disabilities;
- Customer service as it relates to customers, and members of the public who use an assistive device(s)/mobility aid(s), service animal(s), and/or a support person;
- Employee entitlements under accessibility laws, and the prohibited ground of disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code;
- Manager responsibilities as they relate to accessibility and disabilities;
- Equipment or devices available, that may help with providing services to individuals with disabilities; and
- Changes to policies, practices and procedures as they relate to individuals with disabilities.
Travelex is committed to fair, barrier-free, and accessible employment practices. We take the following steps to notify the public and employees that, upon request, we accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and selection processes, and when individuals are hired:
- Talent acquisition, retention, career development, performance management, and redeployment policies, practices and programs will undergo an accessibility audit;
- Employment-related policies, practices and programs will undergo an accessibility audit;
- Disability and accommodation reference materials will be made available to employees;
- Disability accommodations will be offered;
- Accommodations and return-to-work policies and practices will undergo an audit to ensure steps are developed to create individualized plans for individuals who have been absent due to disability;
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a known disability, and who are in need of accommodation; and
- Internal communications will be distributed to the employee population on an ongoing basis in support of accessibility awareness, and policy and/or program changes.
Travelex is committed to meeting all legislated accessibility requirements. Currently, this Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) does not apply to our core business or strategic direction; however this IASR will be monitored to ensure future compliance.
Travelex is committed to meeting all legislated accessibility requirements. Currently, this IASR does not apply to our core business or strategic direction; however this IASR will be monitored to ensure future compliance.
For More Information
Your feedback is important to us. Please send your accessibility questions or comments to the Ombudsman:
|Toll Free||1-800-387-5454 x6778|
|Mail / In Person:||Ombudsman |
100 King Street West, Suite 5500
P.O. Box 290